There has been a lot of press lately about opioids(60 minutes, CNN, NY Times etc.); They are still focusing on the prescription pills(Oxycontin etc.); HOWEVER:  in the last few years, the main causes of overdoses have become the illegals: heroin, and the illegal pills(primarily from China, fentanyl analogues: carfentanyl etc.): people obtain the illegal pills off of the internet.

This has made it terrible for pain patients(only 8% of pain patients misuse, to an serious extent, the pain meds: the other 92% are punished for this); there is a “war” against pain patients(and doctors); it is very difficult to be a pain patient, who may need opioids, and also n=tough for providers as well…..very unfair…..L.Robbins,M.D.

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

Get a weekly digest of our posts straight to your inbox! We promise, no spam ever.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This