An ebook by Lawrence Robbins, M.D.
Chronic headaches are a common cause of disability, posing considerable challenges to both patients and the practitioners trying to help them. This collection of writings by Lawrence Robbins, M.D., one of the nation's leading headache specialists, is the definitive resource for headaches that are difficult to treat. The ebook is a comprehensive overview of cutting-edge treatment of tension headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches. It contains practical guidance for medical providers, and also offers information for patients seeking an advanced understanding of headaches. Topics include:
* In-depth details about individual prescription medications: dosages, side effects, interaction profiles, etc.
* Herbs and dietary supplements.
* Detailed research results of specific treatment outcomes, including many tables with data.
* Headaches in children and adolescents.
* Interdisciplinary treatment using the entire medical "village," including psychotherapy, massage, physical therapy and acupuncture.
* Headache triggers.
* The role of diet, exercise, and fatigue.
* In-depth articles about anxiety, depression and ADHD in headache patients.
* How patients can think about their pain and expectations, including coping skills and the concept of acceptance.
The book includes the highlights of Robbins' extensive writing, including his journal articles and blog posts.
Ebooks are digital books that can be bought online and downloaded, and then read on a variety of devices. These devices include ereaders, such as the Amazon Kindle and Barnes&Noble Nook. Also, people can read ebooks on PCs, smartphones and tablets by downloading free reading apps, including:
© 2002-2013 Lawrence Robbins, M.D. All rights reserved. ~ Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:45 PM