The following list of factors are used when deciding what headache medications to use….
- Frequency and severity of headache
- Previous response to various medications
- Sensitivity and side effects from the medications
- Psychiatric comorbidities and insomnia
- medical comorbidities
- GI: constipation/diarrhea/IBS/Gerd
- Weight (tendency towards weight gain)
- Age: Children vs. adolescents vs. younger vs. middle vs. older vs. elderly
- Willingness to take daily medications
- Financial: Can they afford the therapy/medications (such as Botox)
- Job: Can they afford to be spacy, etc….
Dr. Lawrence Robbins